Monday, July 14, 2008

{Boxes of Fun}

Last week, while we were couped up inside because of the heat and smoke, I decided to use the large box that our new bathtub came in, to create some fun! So once we got all the spiderwebs and packaging foam out of it, we brought it inside and we set it down. Once the boys got it inside they decided they wanted a fire truck. So I cut out a door and made a steering wheel out of a plastic plate and a plastic cup.



Since we couldn't go outside and paint it, we decided to wait until the weather was a little bit cooler and less smokey to do that. But in the meantime, the boys were very content to fill it with blankets and pillows - the perfect place to take a break and watch a show!

Tomorrow, we will be painting and rescuing stuffed animals in the firetruck.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh fun!! Yea, my kids would much rather have a box than toy! LOL! I could sure save some money couldn't I!

Bethanne said...

So very fun! You are such a great mom...and creative too! :)

Stefany said...

How sweet is this picture. You could skip painting it and make it into a covered wagon for pioneer day. LOL

Stefany said...

Knock Knock :

Anyone here?

waiting

Hmm, no answer.

Okay i'll leave a note.

Dear Megan-
Please come over to my blog and check out todays post. I have something for you.
Love,
Pickles

Kristy Huston Photography said...

Stinkin' Cute!!

Kim said...

I know I'm late, but happy anniversary! It sounds like you had a great time! Congrats on 10 years!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails