Thursday, October 02, 2008

My dear blogging friend, Pike's Pickles, had this post on her blog today and as she was on her soapbox, she got my attention.! Thanks Stef!
From Pike's Pickles:
A woman from the crowd shuffles up to the front of the group and puts down a piece of wood and soon pulls out another piece of wood and connects them together and another and one last piece of wood comes from her tiny purse. Pretty soon it is a small box. She places her tiny purse on the ground and carefully steps up onto the soapbox. She looks around the crowd and clears her throat. This is a bit difficult for her as she doesn't typically get on her soapbox and she really is nervous about talking in crowds. Soon she seems a few familiar faces ; Her mother, Ms Hope, Chelle is there beside her and Della brought her children and look over there is Becky and Lisha. She feels a bit more encouraged. Then 5 little faces appear and she realizes she must speak.

She says

"If you vote in California please vote YES on Prop 8. If you are from somewhere else, please listen because this vote will soon be coming to Virginia, South Carolina, New York,Rhode Island, Tennessee, and your state. It doesn't matter if you are Mormon, Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Universalist, Lutheran or any other religion. This will affect you.

(She pulls a wide screen TV out of her purse)

Here is an interview with some parents in Mass., where this law has already been passed. I think this sheds some light on what we will be dealing with if we don't vote Yes.



What did you think? Can you imagine? I myself, am not ready for that discussion.

I have one other video. It was produced by the Catholic church. It is really quite well done. Please take a moment to watch that one as well.


Well. I hope that we have shared a moment here today. If you know of other voters in CA please tell them about these videos. Here is the link to the post I did recently as well to remind you. Also please feel free to click on the Yes on 8 button on the side of our blog.

Here, I will leave my soapbox here in case any of you want to use it. "

She gets down, crams the TV back into her purse and shuffles over to her 5 sweet children and gives each of them a kiss on the head and the family disappears into the crowd.

You stand there looking at the soapbox ....you feel moved to say something. It's stuck in your throat. So you slowly walk forward and lift your shaking legs onto the wobbly box. Then you clear your throat and say ......

5 comments:

Stefany said...

Ohhh how embarrassing. I would have done a better job if Id known I would be syndicated . LOL. Lets get the word out on prop 8.

Unknown said...

Good luck with prop 8. i almost wish I lived there so I could vote for it!!

Kerri said...

This is really scary stuff! The media makes us look like hateful people and don't even think to consider what this will do to our children and how confusing our society will become.

Bethanne said...

Isn't it scary? People are so crazy...hopefully we can speak out to represent the good in the world and that it will stand out!

BTW, I have been bombarded with reports (which is why I haven't called back again...). But I'm thinking about you to pieces.

Jenni said...

Great post. I pray that this will all work out and that we can truly stand for something now that we are all being called out into the public.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails