Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Golden Rule

My friend Christina recently posted about her official "Make a Freakin Comment Day" and I thought that was hilarious. She went from only having 9 followers to like 18 because she boldly told her family, friends, and blog readers to leave a comment - instead of just reading her post and moving on - and to become a follower to help her with her self esteem ;-) Besides the hearty laugh I got out of this, it got me thinking about the Golden Rule.

A great piece of advice that I think is required for mom's across the globe to teach their children is the Golden Rule - "Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you." This law actually is derived from the New Testament and was taught by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ - "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" Matt. 7:12.

I try, I'm not always great at it but I do try, to do this - even in the little things like leaving a comment on my friend's and family members blogs. I love getting comments so others must like it to. So I figure if I leave comments for others, eventually they will do the same. I haven't had the best of luck with this, and it's okay, really! We all have busy lives, but maybe just this once, everyone who views this post will leave me a comment, even if I don't know you personally (because I do see cities and countries pop up in my traffic feed of places where I may not know anyone who lives there). So say hi and introduce yourself. The Welcome Mat is out......


11 comments:

Stefany said...

Ohh goodie. It looks like I am first here for your party. I brough some fresh picked flowers for a little hostess gift(I picked them from your neighbors yard)

What an occasion. I see you have some yummy punch and cookies out. Mind if I help myself?

I love your blog !

Orange Peanut said...

Stef - thanks for the flowers, I'm sure my neighbor won't mind. It's just too bad you live so far. I would gladly welcome a visit from you anyday!

Ryan and Liz Meinzer said...

hey megan!! i never leave comments I should- hope you are doing well!!!-liz

Ashley said...

I feel the same way about comments. I know people view my blog, but why don't they ever post? I like the welcome mat. Great idea. I appreciate your blog and the great ideas you've shared. Plus, it is fun to get to know someone in the "blogosphere," that you didn't know that well in person. Thanks for always sharing your FHE's and other uplifting thoughts. Plus, it seems with all the service in the church that you do, we must be cut from the same cloth. I'll continue to visit.

Thanks for the welcome!
Ashley

Knight knughts said...

People read and then call me or we chat about it at playgroups. Scott thinks its funny that I do check your blog. He thinks I follow his old girlfriends around. You are the only one that I follow though. I never new any of his other girls. Take care and laugh lots today.

Amie said...

I agree completely. Sometimes it makes you wonder..."maybe I'm not as liked as I thought."
But really the blog is for me so I shouldn't care (but I do).
You know I love you and I always try to leave comments when I can.
Talk to ya soon.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you took my obnoxious lead and did one of these too :) I ended up with like 39 comments. I got a bunch of people to comeout of the lurker closet, even if only for one post :)

David and Janalee said...

Hi Megan-
Read all the time, but I am guilty of not posting a comment- Love you blog, and your welcome mat idea!
Janalee

Ali said...

I'm here!

Debbie said...

Megan-
You're such a great gal--love you and your blog!

Debbie

Jaimee said...

Well, you caught me! I'm a reader and leav-er. You're blog is awesome though!I've almost got the nerve to do my family blog-almost! You really are good at practicing what you preach, always leaving comments on my website blog. So, I'm committing to do better. It is very nice to get comments, and I promise to do better! See you next week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails