Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I've realized....

.... that my artistic ability is very limited. I love to make cards, sew, paint (the walls or furniture in my house). I love to decorate my house and make nice table settings for special occasions, but I am not great at drawing! My husband has a wonderful talent for painting and drawing but I can't even draw a good stick figure. I'm serious!

This realization came to me as I was working the face painting center at Peanut #1's End of the Year Party for the 3 kindergarten classes. The two other ladies working there with me were great! Very creative and their artwork looked like what the kids asked for. I had more than one kid look in the mirror and say, "Oh, that's okay." Not that I blamed them at all. I have many talents and it's okay that drawing is not one of them. Nevertheless, I still tried and I had a good time, even if the butterflies I drew looked like a blob on their face (okay it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't great either).

Here's my adorable son with his face painted.

Let's just say he was being very nice when he said that looks nice! He wanted it to have a scary face on it! Did I mention that drawing is not one of my talents?

Here's a butterfly that I did. It turned out much better than the baseball with the scary face!

One of the other mom's, that was working at the face painting center, painted a "P" for Pirates (Dallin's tball team). She even put flames coming off of it!

At the end of the day, I reached out of my comfort zone to help this adorable boy and his classmates have a great end of the year party! Only two more days of Kindergarten!

2 comments:

David and Janalee said...

I think you did great Megan! Even the baseball with the scary face is great. You are right, in the end you helped a few kids have a great end of year party and that is what matters...good for you!
Janalee

Bethanne said...

What are you talking about?! The baseball and butterfly looked just like a baseball and butterfly. And, BTW, stick figures are HARD to draw...I have a harder time drawing them than normal things.

Oh, and boy was that last picture classic. LOVED it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails