Monday, June 23, 2008

31 years ago today...

...on a sunny Thursday afternoon, Megan Cathleen was born, 7lbs 4ozs and 20 in. tall!

Please allow me a trip down memory lane. Yes it's my bday, and I'm not posting this to get a response, but to share with you how grateful I am to be alive!

I am so grateful to my mom for being her and for loving me in her way and making sure I had happy memories. Thank you mom for your sacrifices, unconditional love, rides to practices (dance, gymnastics, flags, track, etc...), my braces, help with college, and so on and so on. Thanks for raising me to think for myself, to be a responsible adult, and ultimately for allowing me to make choices for myself!


Just a few days old!

1 year old Meg's




Me at 4 years

My 6th grade picture

Me and my best friend Lori at a football game (I twirled flags in the marching band).



My senior year, 1995 (no I wasn't a cheerleader, this was our day uniform for the flag squad. I did cheerlead in college though).

Ryan and I at my graduation from California State University, Sacramento - 2000

My preschool class at Merryhill. I taught the 3 year olds for a few months and then they moved me to be the teacher of the 2 year old class (12 - 2yr olds).

Me and my bestfriend, Lori at her babyshower - January 2008. (I had to put this picture in there since I have a picture of us from H.S.

I have a great life! I am so grateful to my family: my husband who went to work a little late today to let me sleep in and he even made me breakfast, to my boys who help me grow everyday, to my extended family for loving me for me, and to my friends - thank you for putting up with me through my ups and downs (I appreciate your support more than you know).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope breakfast was super yummy!! I love to see baby pictures of people. Hope you have a fantastic day!!

Bethanne said...

We already have plans to "call" you my dear, but I am in the middle of an emergency report and sent Dan and the kids away. Just wanted you to know that I love you girl! Happy Birthday! :)

Ryan Kanzler said...

Happy Birthday!! I love you and thank the Lord that he placed you in my path to brighten my every day! Enjoy your day!! And I can't wait for Benihana's tonight!! Yum!!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! I have to tell you, that 6th grade picture totally takes me back. That was SOOOO 1989. Half of my pictures that year look just like that. I also love your "few days old" pic. I have pictures of me in the exact same infant seat/carrier. Must have been a '77 thing. :-) Love ya tons!

Lisa said...

happy birthday, little lady! cute pics :) hope you had a great day!

Stefany said...

Haooy Birthday- You are just the cutest ! What a great post!

Jenni said...

That Senior year picture is how I will always remember you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails