Friday, June 06, 2008

He did it!

Hooray for Big D! He is a 1st grader! The awards ceremony was very nice! Big D earned all of his skill badges and we are so thrilled that he is ready for 1st grade. He had mixed emotions about his kindergarten year, but I have watched him learn to read, understand basic math concepts, get excited about insects, and enjoy recess. I have really enjoyed his kindergarten year! He had a great teacher and their were so many great kids in his class. I just hope next year will be just as fun!

Here are a few pictures of the fun event:

Big D and his proud Daddy!

Receiving his certificate of completion of Kindergarten

We finally got a smile out of him!


Mrs. Spargo's class singing "First Grade!" I have been trying to upload a video of the song but it is not working. I will try again tomorrow.

Great Grandma Kanzler! She was so happy to see Peanut #1 graduate!

Grandma Robin, Great Grandma Kanzler, Ryan and Little C (on the computer).

Mrs. Spargo signing Big D's autograph page!

Big D and Mrs. Spargo

Our family! I love this picture!


I am so happy for Big D and his achievment's this year. The thing I have learned the most from this year is that you have to respect where your child is in their pathway of learning and not compare them to their classmates. I personally have always enjoyed school and excelled in the classroom from a young age. I'm not bragging, mind you, I just always assumed everyone liked school! When I was in college, studying for my Elementary Education/Child Development degree, I learned quickly that students are all unique and some may not have an interest in the core curriculum subjects (math, reading, science, etc.). While I was a preschool teacher I found it a fun challenge to try to engage those who were more content playing on the playground and loved watching the spark of understanding in their eyes when a concept became clear to them. I am grateful for my experiences! They have helped me to support my little one, who would rather play baseball or basketball during recess than read books or count beans. I love him for who he is, quirks and all! He's my big boy and I am so pleased to be his mom! Okay I have to stop, the tears are streaming right now. All in all, it was a great day!

3 comments:

Jessica Marie said...

Oh my gosh your family is SO CUTE!!!! Cutest kids award for sure!!!!! I love you guys and miss you too!!!! See you in July!

Stefany said...

These were such CUTE pictures. Those boys are both so dang adorable. I love the family picture too!

Bethanne said...

YEA! We are all so proud of Dallin...what a sweetie! And what a good mom you are. Seriously, he is growing up way too fast and we wish we could be there so that the kids could grow up together (just not in the cards though, eh?).

We love you. Tell Dallin how proud we are of him, please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails