Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Santa Cruz

Again - I have some catching up to do, so please forgive me for going back to last week!

We went to Santa Cruz for the mass exodus of LDS families who camp at New Brighton Beach for Memorial Day Weekend. Robin (my mother-in-law) really wanted us to all go down there and camp together. I loved the idea.

You see, I grew up camping. We very rarely had money to do anything but camp, but I loved our trips. I have fond memories of gathering berries from the wild vines, fishing and catching trout, playing games, and singing by the camp fire at night. Now that I have 2 little ones, I'm amazed that my mom would take myself and my 2 sisters on week long camping trips!!! We camped at many different locations in Northern CA and I truly enjoyed it.

So back to Santa Cruz..... we left on Thursday morning (May 22) and enjoyed 2 nights along the coast. I was physically so exhausted from our hectic schedule over the last week that I mostly hung out at our campsite. I did enjoy a 6:30am walk with Little C on Friday morning, and really enjoyed the time with those who we shared a campsite with (our little family, Ryan's dad and step-mom, Ryan's brother Loren, and the Woodland's). Big D enjoyed riding his scooter, playing baseball, and just sitting by the fire!




Ryan took the boys down to the beach on Friday where they flew a kite.


Some highlights of the trip were:

Little C brushing his grandma's teeth,


Uncle Loren sleeping in this little tent with his 2 air mattresses, foam padding and his sleeping bag,

and of course being with my family to play and roast marshmallows in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

wow, LOVE Loren's tent with the airmatresses! how did he sleep in that thing?

so good to see you guys, and your little boys are adorable. i bet carson and asher would have so much fun playing (or stealing) from eachother!!

Stefany said...

This looks like sooo much fun. I want to go next year.

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

How fun that you guys went to Santa Crus!! I am dying over Loren's air matresses!! I am going to tease him about that! Ok I have been totally lame...lets take the kiddos somewhere this week...Fairy Tale Town? Let me know what your week looks like! ~dev

whitney said...

love it! santa cruz is totally one of my favorite times of year. it was great to see you guys there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails