Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm just now seeing the humor of it!

This morning I watched my friend's son, who is the same age as Peanut #2! This isn't a new thing, we have been rotating watching each other's little ones while we take turns working in our older children's classrooms (although she has spent more time watching mine than I have watched hers).

While we were outside, the boys were helping me water the plants and the dirt and themselves a little bit. I needed to get a shovel from the shed so that I could tackle some weeds. So I got the shovel, closed the shed and went to the little weed patch. The boys were happily taking turns drinking water from the hose.

Next thing I hear is my little one saying "Mama, hep me. Mama." There was no panic in his voice so I walked around the corner and to my surprise I found he and his playmate, inside the shed with ....


...a can of white paint, upside down in their hands with the paint being all over the ground, the tools, the lawnmower, their shoes, their legs and hands! Are you kidding me! I was so irritated, and I have to admit I am just now calming down about it some 6 hours later.

So I quickly moved the boys to the lawn and handed them the hose and tried to get the paint off of their hands and legs (in the process getting myself covered in paint). So after they were reasonablly clean I then grabbed the tools, that were covered in paint, and brought those over to the lawn and asked them to clean them (no I didn't give them any tools that were sharp :-) .

While muttering under my breath and a few times rather loudly "Are you kidding me?" I got to work sopping up the paint on the ground. So a few towels later I decided to use the hose and a broom to brush the paint out of the shed.

An hour later, I had gotten most of the paint out of the shed, off the tools, etc... I found the boys happily playing in a puddle of mud. After I was able to get them cleaned off we made our way inside, where I had to change the boys clothes so that I could wash the ones they were wearing. Then I had to get to their paint covered shoes.

Once I had things cleaned and clothes in the washer, I called my husband to tell him what happened. After I finished venting to him, he kindly asked "Did you take a picture?" So that helped to lighten my mood! I wish I would have done that, to document the excitment.

So I have to admit, in hindsight, I'll admit that it was a little funny - just a little.

Well thanks for letting me vent, and the moral of the story is that little kids learn quickly how to do things, so don't let them out of your sight!!!!!!

6 comments:

whitney said...

oh man, girl... i feel your pain. that is soooo frustrating and, yes, funny too, but mostly just frustrating. glad the kids made it out alive, because mine wouldn't have... totally kidding. :)

Morgan said...

oh man, crazy little kids. it is amazing how they so easily find mischief to get into. i would be way bugged too.

Kim said...

Ok, I have to ask...are the initials of the other boy TE? I know there are other little boys Carson's age, but he was the first that came to mind. Chase fell right in a mud puddle this morning while I was planting the garden. Go figure!

Danielle said...

ok that is so funny but only because it did not happen to me LOL so sorry I can just picture you cleaning it up and the boys going back to playing having a good time in the mud LOL

i love ryan's response LOL - I would not have thought to take a pic either I would have been to steeming mad to think about that LOL -

Bethanne said...

Oh, girl...I probably would've lost it too...and then, finally, laughed at the whole thing. But not until afterwards. Sorry! :)

You should've called me and since I'm HILARIOUS I would've cheered you up. hee hee.

Stefany said...

You made it through! Now the memories will be fun to share with them when they are older.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails