Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Love Vinyl
Just a few weeks left until our little one makes his grand appearance and I am trying to put the finishing touches on the nursery.

Last year I covered a bulletin board with my favorite ticking stripe and used it as part of my Christmas decorations. I decided to use it in the nursery so I hung it in the baby’s room and have had it there for a few months.


I have been trying to figure out the best way to use it. Now if I was having a girl I would have attached ribbon and made that a darling bow holder board. Something tells me that my little boy wouldn’t really need the hair bows, so I had to come up with something else.

Last week an idea popped into my head that was the perfect use of the darling bulletin board. Why not use it as a growth chart?

I usually keep a photo album that documents each week of my child’s first year, but I knew I couldn’t fit that many pictures on the board so I decided to use the board to display a picture a month for our little guy’s first year. 


I made a mat for each month (I can’t wait to start putting pictures on it) and then cut out the tag line “watch me GROW” using my handy dandy Cricut and some black vinyl. My friend Kelsey had just used that wording on one of her recent scrapbooking pages and it was perfect for this too. 


One more thing done and just a few more to do before baby comes!

Last week, at 36 weeks!

Happy Sticking To You, 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Could you be any cuter at 36 weeks pregnant!? I love that idea -- wish I had thought of it when I had babies :)

Bethanne said...

How cute are you! It looks like you only gained in your belly? Aren't you so very excited? Wahoo!

Jenni said...

I love the every week for a year idea. You are adorable and hears to your home stretch (woo hoo!!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails