Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of School 2010

A Good Day

While I was recovering in the hospital from the c-section, our oldest child was starting his 3rd grade year.

Now, I don’t know about you, but I love to take lots of pictures of the big day and I love to see my children off and be there to pick them up and get their reactions. Obviously that was all out of my control this year, but I am indeed grateful to my husband who took a few pictures and made sure Big D got a great breakfast and was there to pick him up (even without a wink of sleep for almost 36 hours – I’m telling you I married the most amazing man ever) and when I saw him after school (when he came to meet his little brother for the first time) we got to talk about his first day.


I am so happy that we went to meet his teacher the week before. After talking with her, looking around the classroom, and picking his seat – Big D declared that his teacher is AWESOME and I conquer. She is calm, friendly, motherly, and according to D – she doesn’t raise her voice. I can just tell this is going to be a good year!

D - May you have an increased desire to learn, a chance to make new friends, and as always continue to choose the right! I am so proud to be your mom!
 
Three Cheers for a new school year, 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails