Tuesday, April 29, 2008

FHE - Samuel the Lamanite (Follow the Prophet)

Simplicity is the goal this week! So I made a choice to keep our FHE simple and to the point! I think it went really well!


We started with a rousing song from the Children's Songbook, then we had a nice opening prayer. Then I showed the picture of Samuel the Lamanite standing on the wall of the city of Zarahemla (Gospel Art Kit # 314),



and asked who it was? Peanut #1 said it was "Samuel the Lemucule" (so close). So I paraphrased the first few paragraph's from the back of the picture and then when we got to the part where Samuel climbed on the wall, Big D gladly took on the role of Samuel!



Big D then repeated the words I read (the things Samuel said to the Nephites while he was on the wall).



Some of the Nephites (aka. my husband and Little C) ....




...started throwing wadded up newspaper at him! Amazingly non of the wads hit him!!! (the hand of mommy was protecting him)!



Here is Little C having a turn being Samuel! He was so cute!



Big D got a turn being a Nephite and throwing things at Samuel!


We had a nice time and after our closing song and prayer we went bowling (in our family room, Wii bowling is awesome)! I love my family!

* We usually will do this FHE during the summer and we follow the lesson with a water balloon launching contest. I fill a few buckets with water balloons (you have to plan ahead for this, because it takes forever to fill up 100 balloons). We then have one person be Samuel up on the top of the play structure and then we see if we can hit that person! Another idea would be when talking about the Stripling Warriors you could have a water balloon war! We have done both and they are a blast. Definitly a fun thing to do with another family too! So be friendly and invite another family over!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a great FHE. I will have to keep it in mind. By the way, your boys would love the Folsom Zoo. They have a little train and a nice park. I think I enjoy it a little more than Sac Zoo, it is cozy. We took a picnic and enjoyed the picnic area.

I'll let you know when we go again!
Ashley

Bethanne said...

What a great idea! Fun, fun, fun. It is so great to have good, interactive lessons and activities. Especially when we want our kids to enjoy FHE!

FoxFamily said...

I love how interactive you are with FHE. I am sure it makes the info stick better. Nice job Megan!

Ashley said...

I just want to say, I love the new background! I am shopping for a new one myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails