Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Start Spreading the News

Dallin's kindergarten teacher approached me a few weeks ago and asked if I would help her with a talent show number for the class. Every year, at the school talent show, the kindergarten classes do a number.
So I started searching the web to find a song that would be fun and easy for the kids to learn! I found this awesome website where I found the perfect song! When I showed Mrs. Spargo the words and sang it to her, she loved it. So what's the song? "First Grade, First Grade" to the music of "New York, New York." Go to this link to see the lyrics and hear the recording.
Today was the first day of practice and I was so impressed with the kids! They learned the first and second first and were singing really well! I will go in on Thursday morning and work with them again! So much fun indeed!

2 comments:

Bethanne said...

That is awesome! I love that...especially since everyone knows I am notorious for making us songs to teach my kids. :)

Zwinggi Zoo said...

Very cute! I think that it will be so cute to see the Kindergartners sing this song. Good luck Dallin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails