Thursday, June 03, 2010

Let's Get Stomping

My youngest came home from preschool with these fun dinosaur feet. I thought I would share the cleverness of his teacher and give you the how-to’s for a simple summer craft.


What you need:
-     - 2 large tissue boxes (leave the plastic in the opening hole - see the picture above)
-     - Different colored foam sheets - to make the toenails
-     - Paint and Glitter to decorate the boxes. You could also use paper to cover them
-     - Scissors
How To’s:
1.   1. Have your child paint the tissue box. If you would rather, have them pick out different colored paper, cut to size, and then glue that to the boxes.

2. 2. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter all over the boxes. If you went the paper route, be sure to put glue on your boxes and then sprinkle the glitter.

3.  3.Have your child cut out 6 triangles from the foam sheet

4.  4.Attach 3 “toenails”, with glue, to each tissue box – on one of the skinny sides, near the front.
5.  5.Once the “feet” are dry, they are ready for your little dinosaur to stomp around in.

 Happy Stomping to you,

3 comments:

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Haha, those are so great! My kids would flip over those. What a great idea.

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Those might be one of the cutest things I've ever seen! :) I am so going to make some when my little guy gets bigger!

Erin :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for such a fabulous idea and tutorial too! I featured your article on my blog. You can grab a "I was featured" button from there too. Great job!

http://www.ggcaa.com/2010/06/lets-get-stomping.html

Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails