Sunday, November 09, 2008

Our Tree of Thanks

Every year we (okay, I) make a Blessing Tree where we attach leaves with things we are thankful for. Today, before church, the boys helped me draw the tree and put leaves up! Things that we are grateful for so far: family, scriptures, toys, Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, health, food, daddy (mommy hasn't hasn't been added yet :-(, temples, prophets, a nice smelling house (that was one of Big D's leaf) and the 10 commandments!



Look at that fabulous smile!



Who could resist that pancake batter face and jammies?

I will keep our tree up until Thanksgiving and we will keep adding things that we are thankful for!
What are you thankful for?

10 comments:

Mother of Three said...

What a great idea! I may have to borrow that. You're boys are so cute!

Ashley said...

That is a fun idea. We have done something before kind of like that with turkey feathers on a paper turkey. Maybe I should start that up again. I like it!

Thanks for the ideas!
Ashley

Ali said...

Is that a Swiffer handle that your little guy (I forgot his name and you removed them all from the blog!) is holding? I think you should add a leaf that says you're thankful for help around the house!!

Orange Peanut said...

Ali, it is indeed a swiffer handle! Good eye! I will add it to our tree for sure! I am very grateful for help around the house!

Karin Hopkins said...

I love all your ideas! You are so creative!

Unknown said...

Now i know what to do for FHE tonight!! Thanks!!

And don't worry -- I am sure you will get on the tree sometime before thanksgiving :)

Stefany said...

amazing ideas ... as usual!

Jennie Blaser said...

great idea Megan! Hope your thanksgiving is great! We have lots to be thankful for -- health, family, the gospel. My close friend was just diagnosed with stage 3 bone cancer and it has thrown us all for a loop!

Camille said...

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Oh this is the best idea and I think my kids will really love it. I've been trying to teach my 4 year old about saying more thank yous in his prayers, and I think this might be the trick. AHHHH I love it!

Bethanne said...

I love it. We do Tina/Tom the Turkey (adding the feathers)...same idea. Fun with the tree though! :) You are amazing as always my little Megster!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails