Friday, November 14, 2008

Bye Bye....

We've hit another milestone here in the Kanzler house! Our little guy has kicked his pacifier addiction! Horray for you little guy!
Tuesday night he woke up sick to his stomach and then proceeded to vomit all over everything, including my dear husband (I was at a church meeting until 10:45pm - we are in the midst of our Handcart Trek planning). So, my awesome hubby, promptly bathed Little C, laundered and remade the bed with fresh sheets, and gave our little one some water and saltine crackers. During this adventure Ryan felt that it was time to get rid of the "nite-nite", since it was in no condition to be given back to our guy for his soothing pleasure. (We still have the pacifier in a safe hiding place, should we become weak and need to give it back, but I will be throwing it out today).

It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - I imagined Little C begging, crying, hitting, etc... in efforts to get his special lovey back. Truth be told, over the last 2 days he has only asked for it about 5 times! I think he realizes he doesn't need it! Horray for my not so little guy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for no binky!! Not so fun on the throwing up part. I will never get used to being thrown up on ---EEEEEWWWW!

You will have a great time trekking -- we did it a couple summers ago!

Ali said...

We took Lauren's away on her 3rd birthday, so I want to wait until then for Owen, to be fair. Adam thinks we should take it now, because he's more attached to it then she was. I'm not convinced!

Amie said...

Hooray for him (and you)! Such exciting milestones but so sad that they are growing up.

Jaimee said...

Yeah! That is a BIG deal. Kudos to Ryan for taking on that one!

Pokemon said...

I just found your fun blog on sugardoodle and I had to comment because we are in the middle of binky-battles right now and our battle hasn't been quite so easy. Any tips? What do you say to him when he asks for it?

I also loved your Tree of Thanks. what a fun idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails