Monday, September 15, 2008

Stretch Marks

My very clever and smart sister, Bethanne (technically sister-in-law, but I love her as my own blood) has created an informational blog which will feature references and activities that she uses with her children's school-time and lessons for her Sunbeam class (3-4 year olds at church). 

She is very knowledgeable in the field of pedagogy (The art or science of being a teacher. The term generally refers to strategies of instruction, or a style of instruction). I often wonder why she didn't pursue this while she was in college, but am so grateful she has found this to be a joy and talent of hers. She has had the opportunity to serve in the Primary (a church organization for children ages 18 months - 12 years of age) for many years and has developed fun activities and lessons.

I too share a love for all things educational (I have a BA in Child Development/Elementary Education), but she really uses her ideas everyday with her family - she celebrates her own classroom at home. I have so much to learn from her.

She has asked me to be a contributor and I am thrilled to include FHE lessons, crafts, activites, etc... 

So check out Stretch Marks and come back often. I hope you find the tips, games, lessons, etc... helpful as you gather your little ones around and teach them about things on Earth and in Heaven too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails