Thursday, July 16, 2009

Change is in the air

Today I finished rearranging the boys bedroom and wanted to share the results. I'm a little nervous about the bunk beds but will be praying for nights with safety and for my boys to make good choices (I don't want stunt men tryouts in the bedroom - if you know what I mean).

Before (I don't have very good before pictures):






After:












I got this bookcase for $10 at a thrift store (it's solid wood). I used some white paint that we had left over from another project and violla - a nice addition to their bedroom without spending big bucks! BTW - this is the only purchase I made for this bedroom makeover!




My fingers are crossed that we have no injuries!

Happy Rearranging to you, Megan

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!!! I am on the hunt for a table like your bookcase. I am sure the boys will be just fine...and if nothing else, bones heal and stitches come out :)

Bethanne said...

Love the makeover! Great job and great find! I'll be getting the both rooms bunk beds too by the end of the year (Leah w/ a futon bunk bed and the boys with a low, traditional one). I'm terrified just for what Jax will do with one in his room! Fingers crossed.

Now that the "nursery" is open...hmmmm...

Trent and Amber said...

Very nice! I love rearranging furniture and rooms and being able to vacuum under the old! It looks great, you did a great job Megan! :)

SuburbanGardener said...

Looks awesome. Our kids are in bunkbeds too and it has been safe. For Lil Bro we needed a rule not to climb up except on the ladder. Big Bro climbs up the ends for some reason. Nice job!!
SG

Ali said...

Lauren's been in a bunk bed for 3 years, since her 2nd birthday. And when we moved last year Owen got a set for his new room, too. They've been good so far. My biggest fear is the ceiling fans!

Zwinggi Zoo said...

I love redecorating!!!! You did a cute job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails