Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dancing Fever

Last night at our Stake Trek Activity we all learned some new "pioneer" dances that we will perform at the hoedown that we will have up on the trail in August. I was so happy to see the youth enjoying themselves and really participating. Most of us wore our pioneer clothing and I have to say seeing almost everybody in their period costumes helped me to get real excited for the trek!

There was one point in the evening when one of the "dance instructor" got up on stage to announce that there will now be a demonstration of our next dance. To those in attendance this was the BIG SURPRISE. A group of us women, had prepared an "Evolution of Dance" of sorts and instead of showing them the next dance we performed our dance. It was received with applause and laughter! I think some of the youth were surprised to see their leaders doing some of the dances that are popular today - like the Soldja Boy!

After watching the video I am so happy with how well it turned out. We learned it rather quickly and for some in our group this was their first time dancing to certain types of music. I personally had so much fun putting the music and dance together and working as a group to fine tune it! It made me realize how much I miss being with a dance studio, where you can create and perform regularly!


5 comments:

Montserrat said...

That was HILARIOUS! I bet it was a ton of fun to do too. =)

The Talley's said...

I Loved this!!!! THanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

LOVE to see you guys dancing but i have to say the pioneer clothes with Soldja Boy is quite hilarious! Looks a really fun group of ladies and like you all had a blast :)

trishcook said...

That was so much fun!! Thanks for sharing...it made my day!

Jenni said...

That was awesome. You were the star..... A ROCK STAR!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails