Monday, April 13, 2009

Holy Week - Jesus' Trial and Crucifixion

Day 6 – Friday (Jesus’ Trial and Crucifixion)

GAK #230 "The Crucifixion"

Prophecies:

  • “He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth” (Isaiah 53:7).
  • “I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off my hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting” (Isaiah 50:6).
  • “For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet” (Psalm 22:16).
  • “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why are thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?” (Psalm 22:1)
  • “He Keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken” (Psalm 34:20).

Scripture Reading: Matthew 27:1-61; Mark 15:1-47; Luke 22:66-23:56; John 18:28-19:42

Family Discussion: Compare and contrast events after the Crucifixion as experienced in the Old World verses the New World (see Luke 23:44-47; 3 Nephi 8:5-23).

Suggested Activities:

  • Taste the difference between water and vinegar.
  • Turn out all the lights for the evening to signify the three hours of darkness in the Old World and the three days in the New World (see Matthew 27:45; 3 Nephi 8:20-23).
  • Sing the Crucifixion hymn (“Behold the Great Redeemer Die”)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails