Thursday, December 04, 2008

Tell me the stories about Jesus

I love the month of December, although I can't believe it is already that time of year!

I just wanted to share something fun we are doing and I can't take any credit for it.

Many thanks go out to the "Friend" magazine. The "Friend" is a magazine geared toward children and it is published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

So here is the great idea, can you feel the suspense.....

In the December 2008 Friend magazine you will find an activity that will have you turning to the scriptures each day with your family. Here is how the activity is done: "Each day during December look up the scripture reference on that day's set of small scriptures and read the stories of Jesus. Then color the set of scriptures for that day. Each day also lists a picture from the Gospel Art Picture kit (GAK) that can accompany the story. Share your favorite stories of Jesus with your family." Friend, December 2008, pgs. 10-11. Click
here to be taken directly to the article.


So tell me - what are your favorite stories of Jesus.


Some of my favorites are:

The parables of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37); the parable of The Ten Lepers (Luke 17:11-19); Jesus Praying in Gethsemane (Matt. 26:36-45; Mark 14:32-42); and His Resurrection (Luke 24:36-43; John 20).

1 comment:

Bethanne said...

I thought that was a great idea too when I saw it in the Friend. How cool, huh...oh, and I have way too many favorite stories about the Savior - I'm not sure I can pick just one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails