Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Roller Derby Here I Come

Okay - so I went roller skating at the youth activity tonight. Let's just say it's been awhile! I had a blast though and survived the night with only two falls. I am sure that I will feel it tomorrow, as my hiney already is throbbing!

I love roller skating - my favorite part being the rush of wind as you skate fast! Do you remember skate nights with your school! Couple skates, the dice game, shooting the duck races, etc... So much fun! I never have been big into the inline skating craze - I feel much safer on 4 wheels for sure. When I was a freshman at Sac State, I had some dorm neighbors who tried, many times, to teach me to skate on inlines. They would push me up and down the hallways, but I still could not get it. I even started using a belt to hold a pillow in place to protect my backside!

Oh the good ol' days. It was fun hearing the kids say things like: "Sister Kanzler is skating - backwards," "Nice move Megan," and my favorite from the night "Human speed bump" which was in reference to the near catastrophy of me being run over by some of the youth after I took a mighty fall. Oh so much fun!!!! I just wish I had a picture to go with this blog - that would be awesome!

2 comments:

Knight knughts said...

Yeah another blog to view. I blog more than I my space.
Skating is so much fun. I prefer the ice but have been a chicken to take my kids. i don't want any major injuries.

Knight knughts said...

Visit us
knughts.blogspot.com
Scott and Janette Knight

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails