Thursday, December 02, 2010

Advent

The Countdown Begins

The house is decorated, 





the children are super excited, 




and the advent calendars 


have begun their countdown to Christmas!!! 

I love this time of year – the excitement, the opportunities to serve, the food, the decorating, etc… Sometimes I get so caught up in the preparing and doing that I have to remind myself to focus on what is really important. That is why I love advent calendars! 

There are many different kinds (and I have several in my house) but my most favorite is the one that I made last year... 



Each day, as a family, we read a scripture, do a simple activity together, and sing a Christmas song together.

If you desire to get more out of your holiday season, check out my Christmas posts from last year. Start with day one (December 1st) and follow the simple instructions each day and you will find your focus shifting to the real meaning of the season!


Happy Holidays To You,

Megan

2 comments:

Human Ape Along for the Ride said...

Beautiful, as per usual, Miss Megan!

Jenni said...

I like your Christmas ornament wreath! I was just thinking about a Christmas wreath and thinking, "what kind of wteath would be 'me'?" Definitely a Christmas balls wreath!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails