Friday, May 21, 2010

Go Green and Gold!!!

We just got back from a visit to Colorado to witness the culmination of 3 years of conference calls, late night class watching, lots of reading, dozens of papers written, quizzes taken, tests and more tests, etc.... The boys and I witnessed the graduation of my dear husband from the distance graduate program at Colorado State University with his MBA!!!! 


I was a bit emotional watching him walk across the stage in his master's hood and regalia! Our boys were excited to hear daddy's name announced. My mom came out with us and my sister and niece joined us there (they live in CO). The graduation was also broadcast online where I know his dad watched and cheered along!!! 






Here was the end of a journey that began as a prompting from the Holy Ghost that my husband received while attending the October 2006 General Priesthood Session. I remember well the conversation we had that night after we had put the boys to bed (they were 4years and 6months). He told me about the impression he had while listening to President Hinckley talk. He felt strongly that he needed to further his education and we talked about the pros and cons of this venture. Wouldn't you know that in 2 months time not only had he researched many different schools, he was enrolled in the Distance MBA program at CSU and he was on his way!!! 


I just have to say that his schooling has NOT had a major impact on our family. That was a huge concern of mine at the beginning but he held true to his promise that he would not let it get in the way! He was able to negotiate a full time job, a busy church calling, being a soccer coach and baseball coach, and just being the amazing man he is! I so appreciate his determination, his ability to find balance, and I am so proud of his achievement! 



Way to go honey - we are so proud of you!!!


*** Just a interesting side note: all three of his alma mater's have the same school colors - El Camino High School, California State University Sacramento, and Colorado State University!!! Go Green and Gold


Pomp and Circumstance to you and yours,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So very cool!! Big ole high five to Ryan all the way from Utah!

Trent and Amber said...

That's awesome! congrats Ryan, well done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails