Friday, January 16, 2009

Swinging

Since we are still dealing with illness here in our house, let me reflect on something that happened a few weeks ago, before this flu bug took over our house!

C-man loves to play on our swingset and has had one of those swing "seats" - where he sits in it and then I strap him in. He has always loved that!

In a lovely show of brotherly kindness, Big D lowered the "big kid" swing and then patiently showed his little brother how to swing. He helped Peanut #2 get on the swing, he stood behind C-man to make sure he wouldn't fall off, and he then slowly pushed him. My heart sang with joy and love for the interaction between two brothers who sometimes fight and bicker and sometimes enjoy being around each other!

8 comments:

Ali said...

So sweet!

Diane said...

I have three boys, so I know how they can fight. I love it when they look out for each other. I love your pictures.

Unknown said...

Nothing makes a mom feel more accomplished than when her little ones are sweet and nice and considerate of each other. It feels like something we say is actually sinking in! And you even got pictures of it!!

Sorry you guys are still sick. Hope you fet rid of that flu bug soon!

Tanja said...

While I love seeing pics of the boys...I'm mostly admiring your beautiful white fence. How lovely! I'm jealous. Hope you all are well soon.

Amie said...

I love random acts of sibling kindness.

Mother of Three said...

That is so sweet! It's little moment like that that I love so much! It makes all the arguing and bickering worth it! I'm so glad you were able to capture it on film!

Jenni said...

I love moments like those. I take a picture with my heart.

Bethanne said...

So cute. It makes parenting all worth it when you experience those kinds of interactions, huh.

You guys are still sick over there? Oh my word. Probably keep passing it around, huh. I'm so sorry...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails