Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Halloween Fun

Halloween Fun

We had a fun Halloween celebration! The boys enjoyed parties at their school. As if they didn't have enough treats - we continued the festivities the next evening at our stake center where we enjoyed the annual Trunk or Treat bash!


We were rock stars this year and I will be the first to admit, I just didn’t have it in me to come up with some clever costumes. We do have fun dressing up as a family and this year was no exception (even if the costumes were not so original). 


The boys felt like rock stars so that is all that matters!!! 

Peanut #3's shirt says "Cry Loud, Rock Hard"


The older boys thought Hud-Nut looked funny in the mullet wig. 

Since Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, we didn't go Trick or Treating but we had a great time with a few other families and really enjoyed our Spooky Feast!!! Thanks for the invite (you know who you are ;-)

We filled up on a snake calazone, bloody rats (meatloaf), a puken' pumpkin, newt eyes (deviled eggs), witches fingers, bleeding hearts (red jello cut out in heart shapes - not pictured) and some yummy spider web seven layer dip. We also had delicious desserts (I was too busy eating them to get a picture of them). 


After dinner and some time to visit we had fun watching the kiddos have race of eating donuts off a string.
 There was no cheating going on here - wink, wink!
The older kids did a good job!!! Big D did win - although he may have used his arm for assistance a time or two.

Each couple raced too (except for my hubby and me - I was seriously gagging watching the others do it, dang gag reflex). 

And so that my hubby wouldn't feel left out the men raced him too.

We had a blast and are already looking forward to next year's festivities. But for now we will prepare ourselves for Thanksgiving and Christmas!  


Happy Fun Making to you, 


1 comment:

Bethanne said...

You guys are awesome...and I know you do facebook more, but I'm really glad I got to see your photos posted here. We miss you guys.

BTW, I think of you all the time as I use the phrase "Use your words" with my three year old. It doesn't work with my emotional 6 year old, but it is like magic with my little man. So, thank you for that small parenting example from when big D. was little!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails