Saturday, March 07, 2009

Roller Skating Fun

Do you remember elementary school "Skate Night" at your local roller rink? Oh I loved going to ours - Roller Haven and I were tight! I had so much fun with friends, fun music, the entertaining games on skates, and the nachos at the snack bar!

Now I get to go as a parent! Thursday night Big D and I attended his first skate night (we never went to the one's while he was in kindergarten). I tried to prepare Peanut #1 for the fact that he might fall (a lot) and that he might have some pretty impressive bruises the next day, but he didn't believe me! Right!

We got our skates on and the adventure began - it wasn't as easy as he thought, but I have to admit he got the hang of it real quick! He was embarrassed that he fell so much but I assured him that everyone on the rink fell, a lot, when they were learning to skate.

Big D right after getting his skates on! "It's not that hard" was his comment, "sure it's not, on the carpet!" was my response.

Big D hanging onto the wall!

Look at him skating on his own!


All in all, it was a fun night and he was so determined to not use the wall as his crutch. When we were leaving and he was saying how much he hurt, in the same breath he mentioned how he wanted to come back the next day and then the next. I think he was was thinking about the next skate night and how he would want to skate with his friends.

What a fun night and so cool to see him enjoy skate night as much as I did when I was his age!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee Hee I love the holding the wall picture :) Reminds me of my roller skating days!!

Ali said...

Love that last picture - you look fabulous!

Mother of Three said...

ROLLER HAVEN! It's funny how you read something like "roller haven" and memories come flooding back! Those were some good times! It's looks like you and your Dallin had a good time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails