Thursday, May 07, 2009

It's about perspective


Motherhood, I'm learning, is about perspective! I am finally (it's taken almost 7 years to get here) in a place where I have accepted that most days will be less than stellar, but that it is my choice to focus on the negative or to celebrate the positive. I HAVE to put on my "joyful" glasses and only look through those and see the joyful things.

Here are my thoughts on mothering based on the following scripture:

"And after ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain...the intent to do good - to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry, and to liberate the captive, and administer relief to the sick and the afflicted." Jacob 2:19

There are times when I feel like I'm not giving enough in my efforts to keep the covenants I've made with my Father in Heaven, and in those moments I search out the scripture listed above to help me re-focus my perspective. The mounds of endless laundry is my way to serve my family and "clothe the naked;" the snacks, meals, and treats that I prepare are how I "feed the hungry" and when my little ones get sick or hurt I get to "administer relief." 

It's when I realize that these basic things (that I do every day) really are a significant contribution to building up the kingdom of God here on the earth that I feel better and am re-energized to continue in my efforts as a stay at home mom!

I really am so blessed!

Happy Mothering to you all, Megan

2 comments:

Bethanne said...

SOOOOO true. Dwelling on the positive is the only way to make it if you ask me!

Jenni said...

Thanks for that Megan. It really helps us stay-at-homers to feel like what we are doing IS super important and is the greatest calling given to mankind. That is a great message and it was good to be reminded and affirmed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails