Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Firecracker Craft Project – Kid Friendly

I love the 4th of July! I love our country and we have a good time celebrating all that we are blessed with!!! To help get us in the spirit, we made firecrackers out of toilet paper tubes!!!!
Here’s What You Need:
1 – Toliet Paper Tube
1 – Paper Towel Tube
Scissors
Red, White, and Blue Paint
Paint Brushes
1 - Chenille Stick (whatever color strikes your fancy)
Tape
Ribbon

How To’s:
1.    1. Cut the paper towel tube so that you have 3 tubes at different heights. I cut the paper towel tube to about 4.5” and 5.5”. You won’t need to cut the toilet paper tube.

2.    2.Paint each tube one of the 3 colors. Be sure to paint about an inch down on the inside of the tube (on the side that will be the “top” of the firecracker). Let dry!

3.    
     3.Cut your chenille stick in half and then take one of the halves and cut that one in half. So you should have 2 smaller pieces and one longer.
4.    
     4.Attach the longer chenille stick in your tallest tube with tape. You could use a glue gun for this but tape worked for me. It kindof bugged me that I couldn’t put the chenille stick in the center, but I really didn’t want to have to worry about jimmy-rigging the top so that I can center it – so I let it go, that need for perfection!!!!
5.    
     5.Gather your 3 firecrackers and tie them with your cute ribbon.

6.    6.Ta-Da – you are finished!
     


     Happy Crafting to You and Yours,


Linking up to:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails